Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any Reliable SWG system to recommend?

1. Back To Top    #1

Central Connecticut

Any Reliable SWG system to recommend?

As my search continues for an SWG system, I have read about many issues with just about every system looked at, from faulty control units to output issues. It seems that a lot of people have issues with inaccurate readings on the Hayward systems and others that I have looked at ... Jandy and Circupool don't seem to be popular with the group and therefore, there is little feedback or reviews on these units.

Does anyone have a unit (model) that has been trouble free, that they can recommend. I am looking for a unit that can handle 35k-40k gallons, since ,y pool is about 26k gallons.

18x36 IG 26,000 gal, Vinyl Liner, 24" Sand filter Hayward S224T, Jandy AE3000 heatpump and 1.5 HP SuperPump. Circupool RJ45 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any Reliable SWG system to recommend?

I have a Jandy Aquapure system. Mine's been running 5 years with one incident this past year. The cell has performed fine, but I did have to replace an internal circuit board of some sort. Best guess is that I was running the pool with too much salt, which created high amperage in the circuitry ( as explained to me by the pool tech, anyway).
    28000 gallon pool
    DE Filter (60)
    In Ground river rock plaster
    Filter pump = Jandy JHPU 2.0 hp

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

None of the manufacturers make a perfect unit. All of them fail in various ways some fraction of the time. One thing to keep in mind is that there are way way more Hayward and Pentair units installed, because those two brands are the ones most builders use. So even though there are many many reports of problems with each of them, they actually have a lower chance of having problems than most of the other brands.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I installed a Circupool RJ60 this spring. Easy to install and has performed perfectly. Bought online for 1k.
    48,000 gal 'L', vinyl, Triton sand filter, 1 HP Hayward Superpump, 1/2 HP Polaris pump, CircuPool RJ-60 SWG

5. Back To Top    #5
    Fleming Island, FL

I use the Pentair Intellichlor IC 40 and really like it.
    Pool: 28,000 gallons IG; IC 40 SWG; Pentair 120 gpm cartridge filter; Marble finish; Pentair Wisperflow 1.5 hp; Polaris 360
    Spa: 350 gallon; Bromine
    How to shock your pool

6. Back To Top    #6

I use a Circupool RJ45. Easy to install, simple to operate. Works perfect!
    Round AG 17000 gals. Hayward PowerFlo 1 H.P. 60gpm Sand Filter Aqua Smarte Cannister Chlorine Feeder

7. Back To Top    #7

Central Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by benavidescj
    I use the Pentair Intellichlor IC 40 and really like it.
    Me too, never had a problem.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

8. Back To Top    #8

The Woodlands, Texas, USA

Goldline PS-8 for last 2 years. No problems. It is FANTASTIC!
    IG 24k plaster with overflow spa. Goldline PS-8 SWG. Tristar 0.75 HP filter pump, Polaris 280, large cartridge filter, 400k BTU NG Max-E-Therm HD, SR Smith Turbo Twister, Life Saver pool fence, ORP managed.