Anyone know what's in Leslie's Ultra Bright...

ElkPool

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2010
Elkridge, MD
...and if there's any downside to using it?

I have a half gallon left over from the previous owner. I already have clear water from doing things the right way, and I know the BBB experts say clarifier's really not needed, but I still want to throw this stuff in a little at a time if it won't hurt anything.

But there aren't any ingredients on the bottle, nor have I found any online to this point...

Why not keep it? You never know when a hurricane will dump a ton of water on you and kill the power and you end up having to clear a pool in distress. You might be able to use that clarifier then.

So, what is in it? Still unanswered.

(on a related note, I'd love to see a section that defines what is in these products that people mention. Which tabs have copper, what products are mostly baking soda or washing soda or whatever)

Chem geek is right. Here is what it says on the MSDS:
Issue Date: 10/03/2007
Product Name: Ultra Bright
Chemical Name: Cationic Polyamide in water
Chemical Family: Cationic polymer
Chemical Formula: Proprietary
MSDS Number: 298

2. Composition/Information On Ingredients
Ingredient PolydimethyldiallyammoniumChloride
CAS Number 26062-79-3
Percent Of Total Weight

Leslie's MSDS link is at the bottom of their website. Here is the link:

http://www.lesliesmsds.com/MSDSSearch.aspx?fm=0&tb=0

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bought a few bottles of this, it suposed to clump together very small particles into larger groups so that the filter can get it all. I have used it once and at night my pool light beam reflects nothing (no beam in water) and without wind disturbing the surface the water is soo clear I can see to the bottom of the 8 foot deep end and I cannot see the surface! all i see is the bottom!
Now the question is...Is this thanks to the clarifyer or not, well being as I didn't look in the pool like this before I used the Ultra Bright I don't have a "control" in this test.

I got a great price and if I see the beam at night I'll treat the pool.

civicturbo said:
I bought a few bottles of this, it suposed to clump together larger particles so that the filter can get it all. I have used it once and at night my pool light beam reflects nothing (no beam in water) and without wind disturbing the surface the water is soo clear I can see to the bottom of the 8 foot deep end and I cannot see the surface! all i see is the bottom!
Now the question is...Is this thanks to the clarifyer or not, well being as I didn't look in the pool like this before I don't have a "control" in this test.
If you are using DE filtration you don't need it as DE catches even the very small parts beyond which you won't see them anyway.
Sell it on is my advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.