Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Trol RJ

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Trol RJ

I purchased Aqua Trol RJ (return jet) model thinking I could mount it under my combination return / pool light, however it turns out that it only includes one 1.5" stem and the other side is a elbow joint that mounts where the current light / return is. Has anyone else mounted one of these below the light by not using the elbow and instead using another 1.5" stem with everything working ok? I didn't want to loose the light so hopefully there's a way to use this without having to send it back.
    POOL SPECS - 18' round AG pool Doughboy pool with 5'8" deep-end, Aqua Trol Salt Water Generator, 1HP Doughboy pump, Doughboy sand filter, Solar Dome cover and a 40'x4' solar heater. Located in Oregon with swimming season from end of May through September. I pull the pump & SWG during winter months. Solar Dome minimizes FC loss & keeps heat in & debris out. Btw - Solar Dome lasted about 6 years before plastic started shredding.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua Trol RJ

11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

looks like you be able to get a set of the union nuts for like the normal cell and then reduce the 2" to the 1.5" for the connection on the light

here is a site that has the unions http://www.thepoolzone.com/glxcellunions.html
    24' x52" Sharkline Venture (May 2016) ABG (13,500)
    Hayward S180T15932S --Sand filter/ Flo-Matrix pump pack
    Aquatrol-RJ SWG-- Nitelighter NLMC
    Dolphin E10
    Duraspa G2- Premium hot tub --Rotomold style

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by dremin2flyhi
    looks like you be able to get a set of the union nuts for like the normal cell and then reduce the 2" to the 1.5" for the connection on the light

here is a site that has the unions http://www.thepoolzone.com/glxcellunions.html

Thanks. I still need to find the part that converts it down. When I get a chance I'll call and see if they or someone else has something like that. I was e-mailed by the manufacturer's tech and was told it has to go through the pool as designed otherwise it'll void the warranty. I plan on calling them as I don't understand why if it's mounted vertically underneath the light that it would be an issue as the gas would still rise and escape...
    POOL SPECS - 18' round AG pool Doughboy pool with 5'8" deep-end, Aqua Trol Salt Water Generator, 1HP Doughboy pump, Doughboy sand filter, Solar Dome cover and a 40'x4' solar heater. Located in Oregon with swimming season from end of May through September. I pull the pump & SWG during winter months. Solar Dome minimizes FC loss & keeps heat in & debris out. Btw - Solar Dome lasted about 6 years before plastic started shredding.

5. Back To Top    #5

they have the reducers at lowes or home depot-- I think they are like 85 cents or so... then depending on the light connection--but find find a piece of the spa flex/flex-pvc 1.5" that you slip into the top of the reduced connector on top of the cell and then connect to the return with a hose clamp. This will keep the vertical position for the cell.
    24' x52" Sharkline Venture (May 2016) ABG (13,500)
    Hayward S180T15932S --Sand filter/ Flo-Matrix pump pack
    Aquatrol-RJ SWG-- Nitelighter NLMC
    Dolphin E10
    Duraspa G2- Premium hot tub --Rotomold style