Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi everyone

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi everyone

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and figured it time to say hello. My husband and I live in Las Vegas with our 3 daughters, a golden retriever, chinese waterdragon and 2 hamsters. We've been in our house almost 2 yrs with no pool, but are about 2 months into a build.

I've spent a small amount of time at another pool forum, and have some photos in a thread there. I will eventually get them over here, too. If I understand, I need to get a Photobucket acct. to post? I'm not good with that stuff, lol. You might just get a link

Anyway, I've been enjoying reading all the posts and seeing all the beautiful pools you all have done. Learning a lot, too. So, Thanks...I'll see you around!
    No Cover Charge
    17,000 gal IG w/ raised 8' spillover spa, 3M plaster, 10' stainless rain WF, Pentair SAM lights, Sta-Rite Sys3 cart. filter, Intellichlor SWG, 400kBTU Gas Heater, Paramount IF Cleaners, ET-8 Wireless Remote

2. Back To Top    #2
    Howdy, and welcome to TFP! Look forward to seeing the pics of your pool build.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

3. Back To Top    #3
    Welcome to TFP!
    Photobucket is really user friendly... it gives you several links to choose from... email, web page, message boards, etc. You just need to copy the one that starts with IMG and paste it here, and you will be all set!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4
    HI Vegasmom!

You will find lots of support and help here at TFP!

~Welcome~
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

5. Back To Top    #5
    Welcome to TFP! This is a great place to hang out, socialize, and learn.

Will the dragon be allowed in the pool?

Anna
    AnnaK

12,500 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Get that photobucket thing figured out - I gotta see pics of this dragon. You're a garden web refugee. no?
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi and welcome!

Photobucket is really nice to use. It's free and provides a central place to store photos to share wherever.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

8. Back To Top    #8

welcome

Thanks for the welcome

Haha, Anna...he has a lap pool of his own. Very spoiled dragon!

woohoo! I did it!!

Okay, here's another pic of Lizzie, for Brian...

And a shot of his humble abode (how my husband puts up with all this, I'll never know!)

No Cover Charge
    17,000 gal IG w/ raised 8' spillover spa, 3M plaster, 10' stainless rain WF, Pentair SAM lights, Sta-Rite Sys3 cart. filter, Intellichlor SWG, 400kBTU Gas Heater, Paramount IF Cleaners, ET-8 Wireless Remote

9. Back To Top    #9
    And yep, I'm a GWR

You all were right, too...Photobucket is really easy. I've had a Flickr account for awhile, but was never able to get the images to show up on the boards.
    No Cover Charge

10. Back To Top    #10
    What an excellent environment you built for your dragon!

Anna
    AnnaK

12,500 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

11. Back To Top    #11
    very cool dragon-land!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

12. Back To Top    #12
    Just when you think you've seen it all.......!

That's Great! I bet he has a lot of fun!

Welcome vegasmom!
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

13. Back To Top    #13
    Note to self...do not let 9 year old son see these pictures.

Very cool. Oh, and Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

14. Back To Top    #14
    Man I miss my Iguana. Sacrifices of marriage and children. However, he is still alive and in a zoo. Gave him up when he was roughly 52" long. Thanks for sharing the shots. Love the environment you have setup.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

15. Back To Top    #15
    I feel for you. It would be extremely difficult to give up any pet. That's awesome a zoo took him.

My husband drew the line at him in the house anymore. When we moved, we had already begun constructing this at our old house. We rebuilt it here, and he's in the climate controlled garage. He's my hobby but officially belongs to my 12yr. old. A lot of people don't get my interest, but that's OK

Thanks for the compliments, all.
    No Cover Charge