Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Animal Bracelets Saved My Flex Hose!

1. Back To Top    #1

Animal Bracelets Saved My Flex Hose!

I had the fountain on today and noticed a spray out in left field. I had a tiny slit in the flex hose from my filter to the pool. I was concerned this continuous slow leak could open up wider and lead to my water line dropping below the skimmer when I wasn't home. Since it was late in the evening, there was no way I could replace it until tomorrow. I disconnected the hose and placed two animal bracelets (glorified, expensive rubber bands - parent of young kids, you know!) doubled multiple times over the groove where the leak was. Amazingly, no leak. Hope it holds up tomorrow until I can purchase a new hose. Guess I didn't waste all that money on animal bracelets for nothing! Oh, by the way, can I get this 3 foot or so hose elsewhere, or are they sold at pool stores for the most part? Thanks.
    11000 gallon Viking Fiberglass 12 x 28, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, 24" cascade fountain, 12" cascade fountain, 1 1/2 HP pump, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Animal Bracelets Saved My Flex Hose!

I shall now confiscate all of my daughter's Zany Bandz in the name of swimming pool preventative maintenance.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3
    Southern Indiana

I live in podunkville and the pool shop is the only place I can find them. Walmart here doesn't carry hoses.

Kudos on thinking fast and using something you have on hand to fix the hose temporarily.
    24' AG Vinyl
    13,500 gallons
    1hp Hayward pump
    Sand filter
    Jug dumper apprentice

4. Back To Top    #4
    Stephens City, VA

Be careful...if those are the silly bands my kiddo has, we were told they will snap if worn/exposed to pool water....
    Backyard pool-less, but used to be.....
    16,100 gallon, 18x38 3.5 ft deep oval AG, Vinyl, Sand, 1hp pump Liquidator TFT100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

My local walmart here sells hose kits. Has 2 hoses and other junk with it. 1.5 - 1.25 hose adapters. Its like $12 I think. About.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Houston, Texas

Check your local Lowes/Home Depot. They sell hoses by the foot in the plumbing section.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!