Great Value Bleach vs Clorox

I recently found a place online that sold me 10 - 6 packs of 5.25% bleach in gallon jugs for $92.20 shipped (Boardwalk Pure Bright is the brand). That works out to $0.012/oz. but that is 5.25%, so not a super deal, but pretty good. I just checked and they have since raised their price on it (probably after I bought mine and they had to pay for truck freight). That was the best I had found so far, better than my local stores and about on par with the cheapest ones some of you have quoted.

Easto said:
I was at Walmart yesterday and the Walmart brand bleach was 4%,not the 6% you guys have. Maybe its a USA vs Canada thing

Seems to be a new thing this year at Canadian Wally World stores. Last year they had the Great Value brand in 3% "regular" and 6% "ultra" on the shelf....now this year they have only 4% Great Value.

rjmac said:
I buy my bleach at Costco. $7.15 for three 182-oz jugs of 6% Clorox. I bought 9 boxes once and the checkout guy remarked, "that's a lot of bleach!" I said, "there was a lot of blood." KIDDING! As easy as the BBB method is, I'm always surprised when people raise their eyebrows when I explain I only use bleach to keep my pool sparkling blue. Lots of people that are being pool-stored.

Jill

LMAO THAT'S FUNNY, JILLY!

JJ

I like the Clorox better than the Walmart GV brand because the Clorox doen't have a pull tab on the top to open it. :-D

Is great value bleach the same concentration as clorox? I also read a post where someone was saying something about bleach being super cheap at Aldi's. Is there bleach comparable? From what I understand Clorox is 6% correct? If someone could tell me what the others are, so I could make the better choice money wise. Thanks for your help!!!

Clorox is 8.25%
Great Value is 6%

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Welcome to TFP! :wave:

You have to look on the label because Clorox switched from 6.15% to 8.25% and then many competing brands have switched as well, including some Great Value sold at Walmart. For example, this product is 6% while this product is 8.25% (and says 33% more concentrated).

Just as with Clorox, you need to be careful to avoid "splash-less" or "outdoor" bleach since they contain thickeners that will cause foaming in pool water.

Just confirming that in Canada (Montreal), the Great Value concentrated bleach - this one: http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/great-value-concentrated-liquid-bleach/6000187517362
is still only 4%..

I bought mine from Costco instead. 10.3%, comes to 12.59$ CAD for 6x1 gallon jugs, which I think works out to 0.017 per oz - but in CAD and for the 10%, so not bad. It's called UltraAQUA, but I'm not sure if it gets wide distribution.

Was just in Florida last week and a Walmart down there had 10% shock for $2.25 a gallon.

I get my 12.5% from Ollies for 2.99 a gallon. Lowes has 10% for ~$3.50 and if you buy $50 worth, you can get a coupon code for $10 off, making it close to $3 a gallon. Any of these options just seem like a better deal then regular bleach from walmart. But maybe I'm just spoiled and its not available in some areas...

In San Antonio, Wal-mart has the 10% stuff for $2.50 right now, $3.64 normal. Also, Home Depot always has their HDX germicidal bleach (8.25%) for $2.99. Those are the two I use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.