Cleaning Intex Swg system

May 21, 2010
I cant find anywhere in the manual about cleaning the cells. It supposidly has a automatic cell cleaner. does anybody know if you need to clean it and if so how and how often. Where is the cell located at? Mine is the 2009 model.

You may or may not need to clean the cell, depending on your water chemistry. The self cleaning feature can take care of it if your CH level isn't too high. But if CH has crept up at any point you may still need to clean it manually. You should do a visual inspection of the cell plates and see if they look clean, or if they are coated with some white chalky stuff. If there is white, they need to be cleaned.

The cell is the last place on the unit the water goes through, where the water comes out. There should be unions on both ends and a cable connecting the cell back to the box that has the control panel on it.

No, CH will not tend to go up in most parts of the country. In some arid areas where there is a substantial CH level in the fill water, CH levels will tend to drift up over time.

With CH around 140 you shouldn't need to clean the cell.

Looked at it and it looked like pretty silver shiny pieces of metal:) hard to believe I paid 60 bucks for it and it only used for about a month. Guy couldn't get it to keep chlorine level up. Pool school and the shocking section would of helped him a lot. It did me. I have only had to run it for 2 hrs a day in high humidity and almost 100 degree weather and no shade all day. :)

Im pretty sure I read in the manual or maybe online but this is how I clean mine if/when I get deposits on the plates

remove the cell portion and cap one end with cap that the unit came with. Then fill the unit with plain vinegar and let soak for few hours, then rinse with water.

I just cleaned both of mine in the last few days. I followed the Pentair intelichlor unit instructions because vinigar for several hrs wasn't going to work for me and i didn't have any. I mixed 3 parts pool water with 1 part muratic acid. pour in capped off cell while vertical. Watch for bubbling and gasing, Pentair said this indicates calcium being disolved. Mine bubble for a few mins. Let sit for 20 mins. dump out and rinse several times. Worked great very clean and quick!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.