lost prime today

joel0711

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 25, 2010
East Tennessee, 40 miles west of Knoxville Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Started running liquidator full time approx 6-21-10. Been doing great until this morning. Wife called me at work and said the pump had lost prime. She got it primed and running and I came to check it. The in float on the liquidator had stuck and let air in the system. I moved it a little and loosened the nut a little and it started working again. Is it normal for the liquidator to drain down until the floats close when the pump turns off?? It has been doing this since installed.

The check valve should have stopped it from draining out the in side. Lowering the level will open the in float valve so the check valve has to be there to prevent it from sucking air once that's happened. You may have a bad check valve. The outlet side should drain it down till the float valve shuts and seals off the outlet. That's why I guessed it was the one that stuck.

the flow meter drains to zero on the out side then stops. I can see no water movement in the meter.
The in float valve was definetaly sticking this morning. It drained to the point I could see bubbles starting. I loosened it a little and moved it gently and it appears to be working fine now. Why it stuck and drained down,, I have no idea. I do know that when i loosened it up a little it worked smoother,too tight maybe. It has been 1 hour 10 minutes since I turned pump off and water has not drained below my mark. I've been running 3.50 to 4 on meter ball to maintain 8-9ppm (cya of 70 at last check). using 12.5% chlorine at 1/2 full to top of funnel extension.....
I'll watch it closely..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.