Pump Noise? Impeller? HU?

OK!! Need some help. Again. Pah Pah Pah Pleeeaaassseeee!!! :lol:

:whoot: With the help of my 13yr old daughter, we've managed to get my pool clear in about 8 days thanks to TFP!! WE ROCK! :party:
NOW, just my luck, the pump doesn't seem right. I've read about the impeller and tried to get in through the housing strainer basket but can't feel anything.

Is there any way to do this otherwise? How would differentiate a bad pump to just the impeller or something that needs fixed? I would like to try what I can before I just give up and shut 'er down for the rest of the year. Arkansas is a little too hot for me to give up.

The pump is running hotter than it had before, but I still have the same pressure & return water. Kind of makes a clicking sound when I turn it off & on. Seems like its working, just doesn't sound right.

Can someone give me some suggestions? I don't want to keep running it daily and something worse happen. I don't want an ugly pool again without the water circulating though.

Thank you all in advance! :thequeen:

The clicking sound is most likely the centrifugal switch and it does that whenever you start up or shut down the pump. That's normal.
If it's just the clicking you're hearing that's not normal I wouldn't worry too much about it unless the pump is running a lot hotter than normal. They run pretty hot especially this time of year.

You might try taking a mirror and looking into the impeller by placing it in the basket at an angle. Other than removing the pump from the basket, that's about your only option.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.