hayward colorlogic 4.0 weak RED color

Jul 17, 2009
I installed the light about 3-4 months ago. while cycling between the colors, I noticed that the RED is really weak relative to the other colors/options. I suspect something is wrong with the light.
When i originally bought it online, the packaging didn't look right too. Back then I was wondering if the light fixture was indeed the 4.0 or maybe the old version 2.5.
Does anybody here know a way to find out if the fixture is the 4.0 or 2.5? (other than the label, as the label does say 4.0, but maybe it was replaced....)
Is there a color scheme difference between the two ?
Does the weak RED means that the fixture is faulty? From my knowledge, RED LED is usually much stronger than BLUE. (But for my fixture, the BLUE is much stronger than the RED....)
Thanks !

there is usually a 1 year warranty from hayward, there are no serviceable parts for that light.

LEDs are known for their long lifespan but they will dim before the completely die. For example if someone tells you the LED has 10,000 hour lifespan it won't be 10,000 hours at it's original brightness.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.