Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hayward colorlogic 4.0 weak RED color

1. Back To Top    #1

hayward colorlogic 4.0 weak RED color

I installed the light about 3-4 months ago. while cycling between the colors, I noticed that the RED is really weak relative to the other colors/options. I suspect something is wrong with the light.
    When i originally bought it online, the packaging didn't look right too. Back then I was wondering if the light fixture was indeed the 4.0 or maybe the old version 2.5.
    Does anybody here know a way to find out if the fixture is the 4.0 or 2.5? (other than the label, as the label does say 4.0, but maybe it was replaced....)
    Is there a color scheme difference between the two ?
    Does the weak RED means that the fixture is faulty? From my knowledge, RED LED is usually much stronger than BLUE. (But for my fixture, the BLUE is much stronger than the RED....)
    Thanks !
    35k gal 850sq ft french gray plaster, Jandy JEP1.5HP ePump, Pentair 60sq DE filter, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, 10 Fafco sunsaver 12'x4' panels with Goldline GL35. Laars lite 325k BTU NG heater, Hayward Colorlogic 4.0 LED light. Plumbing: 2" PVC, No main drain, four 1" returns, 1 skimmer with 2 wall drains, one 1.5" suction cleaning port.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Exeter, PA

Re: hayward colorlogic 4.0 weak RED color

there is usually a 1 year warranty from hayward, there are no serviceable parts for that light.

LEDs are known for their long lifespan but they will dim before the completely die. For example if someone tells you the LED has 10,000 hour lifespan it won't be 10,000 hours at it's original brightness.
    X-Pert Pool Service
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp