What to use as a base for filter/pump/chlorinator?

Jun 18, 2010
near Tampa, FL
Hi everyone. I've been lurking the boards for some months now. The information everyone shares is so helpful! I'll be putting up a thread once I have everything up and running.

I'm getting ready to fill the pool, but I want to know what everyone recommends for a base for my filter. I was planning on leveling a rectangle on the ground and using large garden tiles, but still have nagging thoughts of a better solution. Pouring a small slab is not an option I want to consider.

This is my filter:
51w1frY%2BiVL.jpg

This is the smaller chlorinator:
54601_full_contents.jpg

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Find the patio block that appeals to you at your local hardware store uses as many as you need to make a base for your equipment. Be sure to remove the grass and level the area under the blocks first and everything should be fine!

Using Pavers is a good option if you don't want to pour a slab. I used bricks under mine.

Also you should remove the test results from your sig. Since they change regularly and. when we're replying to your post we don't see your sig, it makes it better to put those in the post as needed. Not to mention that you're not supposed to have but 5 lines in your sig. :-D

[edit] Wow, three people beat me typing. [end edit]

I like the A/C pad idea too.

zea3 said:
Find the patio block that appeals to you at your local hardware store uses as many as you need to make a base for your equipment. Be sure to remove the grass and level the area under the blocks first and everything should be fine!
Melt In The Sun said:
I concur. Good idea :goodjob:
Bama Rambler said:
Using Pavers is a good option if you don't want to pour a slab. I used bricks under mine.

That's what I figured was the best option. :goodjob:

dmanb2b said:
You can also use a small PVC AC condenser pad sold at your local plumbing/HVAC supply store as another option

I thought about this also, but I'm worried the weight of the filter with the 55 lbs. of Zeobrite and water will be too much load and crack the plastic. I'm going to look into this more...

Bama Rambler said:
Also you should remove the test results from your sig. Since they change regularly and. when we're replying to your post we don't see your sig, it makes it better to put those in the post as needed. Not to mention that you're not supposed to have but 5 lines in your sig. :-D

right on :goodjob: I'll remember to post them when I need to.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.