Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Frame Supports Sinking

Frame Supports Sinking

Help!

I have a 15x30 above ground pool that I built last week. Since filling the pool the diagonal frame supports in the mid section have sunk about 1” on both sides of the pool. Due to the sinking of the diagonal supports sinking the vertical supports in the mid sections have raised above the pavers about ½”. The walls with the radius are still level and plumb. The ground was level during construction and I did put 12x12 concrete pavers under all of the supports on the pool.

I am currently building a deck around part of the pool and am hoping that there is a fix without staring over.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Re: Frame Supports Sinking

Welcome to TFP.

Maybe some of the construction experts will see this and respond but it would help if you could post some pictures of the problem.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

I attached a couple of photos to help.

Thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The only good news is if it is sinking evenly. Here's wishing you luck!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

Checking on the pool this morning, I found one of the pavers supporting the diagonals has snapped in two from the weight. The now broken paver is still below the support.