Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any ideas for mounting?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any ideas for mounting?

I searched the forum for a similar post but couldnt find any. I am looking for ideas on where I can mount my Aquarite salt water generator control box. My pool is being installed tomorrow and I intend on having the electric for my pump ttached to a 4 X 4 stud. The box is 10 inches and has some weight to it so Im not sure if the opposite side of the post would be strong enough to support it? I am thinking about digging another post a foot or so away from the other post and attaching a board to both of them where I will attach the electrical box and the generator box. I am just doing a basic install this year and plan on making everything alot cleaner looking after this year is up. Any ideas are appreciated, and if anyone has any pictures of what they did I would apreciate that as well. Thank you
    24' Round AG Sharkline Infinity, 15K
    Hayward EC50 DE filter 3000GPH, Hayward Pro Matrix 1hp
    Pool Rover , Aqua Trol SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any ideas for mounting?

Welcome to TFP!!

I've mounted them, centered, on a 4X4 as a temp deal, you should be OK to do the same
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanx. Ill give that a shot and se how it holds up. I just finished day 1 of electrical and my pool was installed today and is filling!!!

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm in the same boat. I have a perfect mounting spot on one of the legs of my aluminium deck but it is further than the 6' cord my Circupool has. I guess I will have to pound in a post. Hope I dont hit my gas line.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    Welcome to TFP!!

I've mounted them, centered, on a 4X4 as a temp deal, you should be OK to do the same
    How do you get the 4x4 into the ground? Dig, then fill with quickset? I have a lot of room on my paver equipment pad. I would love to find something that is heavily weighted at the bottom and has a 2-3 post in it, and I can just set on the pad.

6. Back To Top    #6

A post is probably your best bet if there isn't a nearby wall to mount things on. Yes, you need to dig a hole and then set the post in concrete.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Did, very easy. Thanks for the info.

8. Back To Top    #8

I already slammed my posts in but I'mm still concerned about the weight of the unit on the 4 X 4 . The unit has 3 mounting holes on the top and Three on the bottom so I'm wondering if the center hole on the top and bottom will suffice

9. Back To Top    #9

The center top & bottom mounting holes should be fine. I'd probably seal the others up with caulking to keep bugs and stuff out. Another option which I've done before is to mount a piece of plywood the size of the box to the post and then mount the box to that.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

I like that idea> i think i will mount a peice of wood the size of th box to the post.

11. Back To Top    #11

It's best to paint the plywood before you mount it if you plan on it lasting any time at all.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit