TF 100 TEST KIT

Jul 7, 2010
Hello too all.

What a wealth of knowledge you have here. Over the past couple of weeks I have been lurking here reading about everything I can find. I am new to back yard pools and have been able to get most all of my questions answered by reading post so thank you.

I do have one question I'm hoping I can get answered in regards to the TF 100 test kit. I have looked at the kit and enlarged the image but I simply don't see the colored plastic container used to test everything. Is that kit the chemicals only and you buy the container/beaker separate?

Anyhow I'm convinced a good kit is essential and the strips the pool store sold me are ok but they keep me second guessing myself and I want exact numbers.

Thanks in advance for any help I receive.

The kit comes with 3 different "vials" in different gradations used to measure different levels and different chemicals. They are clear plastic. There ain't no beaker! You won't be sorry you ordered one!

The TF-100(XL) contains everything you need to test your water for the normal tests. It contains the vials and test block that you need. The only additional item you might consider buying is the speed stir. I highly recommend it and you won't be sorry you got it once you use it a few times.

Woops vials “not beaker” . . . so their clear which is what threw me off. I was looking for something that you matched colors to. Well that brings me to a new question. If there clear is there a color chart to match your results to?

The only color matching you have to do is the pH and it's included. The rest of the tests are distinct color changes and the FC test goes from pink to clear. The CYA test is a turbidity test and oyu look for the black dot to disappear.

Welcome to TFP :wave: ...color mathcing is only for PH test and OTO chlorine...the other test, including the fas-dpd cholorine test are color change based, hence why the beakers...hmm...vials are clear and there is no confusion on the test result vs. leaving it up to the tester to match colors. You count te number of drops needed to change the color vs match it on a chart. Much more accurate than any color matching method.

this may help you

pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison

post64072.html#p64072

Ok it makes sense now. I remember seeing where you count drops and such to get your levels. I have had our pool up for two weeks now and our boys are having a blast in it. I added Cyanuric acid on Tuesday night to get the CYA level up. I'm hoping after a week my results will be good and I can stop using so much bleach. I know to be careful with adding too much Cyanuric acid at once and that you have to let it settle in so to speak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.