VA - Blue Ridge Pool (pics)

Bart

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Northern Virginia
I hope I'm putting this in the right place but here are some photos of my still under construction pool:

Excavation, June 19, 2010:

From the deck looking down:
IMG_0114.jpg

Looking up at the house from below:
IMG_0089.jpg

(Please excuse the rickety looking stairs!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great, and fantastic view! We did something similar with our tanning ledge, it's surrounded on 3 sides as well. Hope you get finished soon so you can get some relief from this heat. We're right there with you - getting our gunite today, western Loudoun county... :)

Here's an update from July 21, 2010:

Solar Pannels are in:
IMG_0757.jpg

Solar lines going to the pump:
IMG_0807.jpg

Excavating for the wall and deck:
IMG_0772.jpg

Hand digging the wall foundation:
IMG_0845.jpg

Calling Miss Utility, calling Miss Utility!

Broken phone line from bobcat:
IMG_0784.jpg

Broken powerline conduit from pickaxe:
IMG_0855.jpg

View from below:
IMG_0859.jpg

Thanks Matt. We have a lot of natural stone up there (stone walls, chimney) and we also have to put in a small stone retaining wall. We went with the stone coping to try to make it all tie in together. Hopefully the finished product will work!

Everything beautiful :!: :!: You are going to be really happy with the large shallow end. Many of us have too little shallow end area. Yours looks to be a perfect combination of shallow and deep. The swimout/loveseat is great. Stone coping is beautiful. You are also going to be really pleased to have the trees far enough away from the pool. Makes life easier. Matt commented on you pumping station. My first thought was that surely looks neat. Congrats. Did you design the pool? I really like the shape as it has the character of the rolling hills. Looks like it won't be too long before you will be enjoying your gorgeous "resort".

gg=alice

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.