Would really appreciate some opinions on what type of automation would fit my needs. I've been looking at some setups, but am a bit confused about what they do and what some of the terms mean practically. I've spent most of my time looking at Goldline and Jandy, but for no particular reasons. Budget is not the major consideration, but of course I would like to spend less money than more.
For additional plumbing details... When installing my solar panels this year, I added the panels after the 3 way supply valve and only use the pool supply and not the spa supply. I added a spa bypass valve so that I can turnover the spa even when the 3 way is completely off to the spa. Also, I have intermatic timer now.
Things I would like to automate.
1. Operate single main pump on predetermined times or on the fly.
2. Operate spa and heater. Hopefully, heater would not be needed for pool anymore, but could use it a couple times a year for that purpose and could be done manually if not easy to do.
3. Solar heat.
4. Salt Chorinator (not purchased yet).
5. RayVac cleaner.
6. Lights. Currently one light in pool and one in spa run from one switch.
7. Wireless remote. Smart preferable to dumb.
1. Bubbles to spa currently on spa side air switch. Although controlling from remote would be cool, it is certainly not necessary at all, though I "might" do it if it could be done without upgrading system.
2. Lighting. Would be nice to separate lights and eventually upgrade to fancier newer lights, maybe add external lighting as well.
3. Waterfall, stereo or other cool things that I don't have or haven't thought of, but might like expansion room in distant future. I don't believe that I will need chemical control otherwise.
I know what the actuators do, but am not sure exactly what the relays do and how many I need for my needs. Does the pump need one? The lights? Bubbles? The valves? I have 5 3-ways, but think I need to control 4 valves so far (POOL/SPA return, POOL/SPA supply, SOLAR ON/OFF, RayVAc ON/OFF). Additional one is between the bottom drain and skimmer returns - I don't think that needs to be automated, right? Maybe additional valves if I ever upgrade to waterfall, etc.
Will I need to program some of the units to do what I want, or do they already know? For example to use the spa, that would mean heater on, spa supply only, return spa only, pool off, solar off, RayVac off and ideally temp control.
Thanks so much your time and for this site.