Electrictian coming. What extras do I need?

Really good points, @bk406. We had to adjust some positions to keep to code. Best to walk around with the electrician when setting positions.

Bart (& all): Turns out that an additional outlet within 20ft of the pool was needed by code (so it was included in the original contract :) )

Taz

Taz -
That's what they told me too. So long as my pump is 20 feet from the waters edge, they'll install a second outlet for "free". Don't you love spending many tens of thousands of dollars and getting a free electrical outlet?!!! :roll:

Question for the group. I am in the process of designing a pool and thinking about having a fire pit install on the edge of the pool. How do I handle the power needs for the electronic ignition? I want to control the it through the intellitouch remote.

I agree with the already mentioned spare conduit. The single best future-proofing investment would be the empty conduits, If you like to do this stuff yourself you can cordinate with the electrician and drop in spare conduit on top of his run while the trenches are still open for free. Just have to get the conduit and glue yourself ahead of time. All the big home improvment stores have gray electrical conduit and fittings on hand. I would buy no smaller than 1 1/4 pipe, bigger would be nicer. It makes it soo much easier to pull through when its bigger. Like pulling a shoelace thru a papertowel tube as apposed to a drinking straw. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.