Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Anyone have experience on the Circupool RJ45? How do they compare to the hayward systems? Sale on the Circupool right now, but I want to make sure what I buy will last. So confusing!

Circu Pool is relatively new, so we don't have any long term reliability info. Hayward has been around for a long time and is one of the more reliable brands, though hardly perfect. They are comparable in features.

Keep in mind that Circu Pool and Compu Pool are the same except for the color of the plastic. Compu Pool units are usually less expensive, though with the sale that might not be true right now.

becaue there does not seem to be one winner in the swg game, I am reluctant to pull the trigger and buy one. I know it is the right move for me, but there are so many different models that it is intimidating. None of them appear have exceptional reliability. The cirupool rj45 was enticing because of the 7 year warranty. (selling at the R30 price right now). No local service though in CT .. it's out of Texas. I would think just about everyone services Hayward.

it's not 7 year warranty, it's just a marketing ploy

it's 2 years on electronic box, 1 full year on the cell, and 4 years pro-rata on the cell.

if you calculate using their way, most of the manufacturers will have around 7 years warranty :)

Autochlor would be 6, being 3 years on electronics and 3 years of full warranty on the cell

"4 years pro-rata" means that if it fails after one year they pay 75% of the replacement cell, if it fails after two years they pay 50% of the replacement cell, if it fails after three years they pay 25% of the replacement cell, and if it fails after four year they don't pay anything.

yeah basically what Jason said. although sometimes it runs by the month rather than year.

when Autochlor used to have pro-rata warranty, we had a big spreadsheet which was outlining how much discount you get in a given month.

in the end it was decided to ditch it because it made dealers unhappy as it only applied to end user when the cell is purchased through the manufacturer.

so if a customer came to a dealer he couldn't use it, so it was taking away sales from them. plus it's a nightmare to manage.

Strannik said:
yeah basically what Jason said. although sometimes it runs by the month rather than year.

when Autochlor used to have pro-rata warranty, we had a big spreadsheet which was outlining how much discount you get in a given month.

in the end it was decided to ditch it because it made dealers unhappy as it only applied to end user when the cell is purchased through the manufacturer.

so if a customer came to a dealer he couldn't use it, so it was taking away sales from them. plus it's a nightmare to manage.

How much do you sell Autochlors for (~40k gallon size)?

Jeeman

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JasonLion said:
"4 years pro-rata" means that if it fails after one year they pay 75% of the replacement cell, if it fails after two years they pay 50% of the replacement cell, if it fails after three years they pay 25% of the replacement cell, and if it fails after four year they don't pay anything.

Here is how the CircuPool warranty actually works; For residential pool use, it covers all components including the cell for seven years following the purchase date. Like a car battery or anything that get's used up, it is prorated. During the first year, the owner pays nothing for any needed parts. During the second year, they pay 20%, then 40% during the third year, 60% during the fourth year, and 80% during the fifth, sixth, and seventh year. Keep in mind that the cost of the replacement cells is low compared to other brands...the most popular 5-Blade cell is presently only $375. In a worst case scenario, if a cell failed one day into the fifth year, the owners cost to start over with a new cell would be $300 or $75 per year. Doing the same math with other brands, this appears to compare very well.

Didn't Cirupool have some program where they sold "short warranty" systems cheaper? I never quite figured out that marketing angle...

Personally, I feel the Hayward is more forgiving with chemical balance. So if you are not on top of your testing, problems sneak up on you pretty quickly with Circupool.

But that is just my opinion. I have a S30+ and it's working fine after the second year. And if you neglect your PH and it gets too high, you can watch your salt reading fall daily until it shuts down. Borating my pool solved a lot of balance problems for me.

BTW, the recommended SI index for Circupool is -0.2 to + 0.2. What is Hayward's?

So did anyone else notice that discountsaltpool.com raised the price on the SI systems? They used to start at 499 for the SI-15 which had an upgrade to SI-20. I don't really see a benefit now of paying 699 for SI-20 to SI-30 when I can buy a SJ-30 to SJ-45 for 699.

The controller on the SI units is more advanced than the SJ systems. The output can only be adjusted in 25% increments with the SJ while the SI can be adjusted by 1% increments. Make sure you do your research on those systems before you buy either of them. A good place to start is reading their manuals and the threads that users have posted here at TFP.

Reactions: Boulder56
The Hayward AQR 15 with the T-15 cell sells for less than $1k online. Gives you a 3 year full warranty, not prorated. So if the cell dies, you get a new one. It's a proven, tried and true, unit. Rated for up to 40k pools.

Yes, it does have a known common issue with a possible failure of an input resistor, but a $2.50 part and 15 min with a soldering iron takes care of that if it happens.

Many, many here are using one, so info is readily avail on the forum. I've had one in service for over ten years now. Very happy with it. I got 7+ years on the original cell before replacement.

The controller on the SI units is more advanced than the SJ systems. The output can only be adjusted in 25% increments with the SJ while the SI can be adjusted by 1% increments. Make sure you do your research on those systems before you buy either of them. A good place to start is reading their manuals and the threads that users have posted here at TFP.

While I agree the SJ isn't as good as the SI, the SJ features a 7 year warranty where the SI is 4 years, and the SJ cell is $100 more. Also, aren't SJ made by SGS and not Compupool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.