Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hayward vs Circupool RJ45 SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward vs Circupool RJ45 SWG

Anyone have experience on the Circupool RJ45? How do they compare to the hayward systems? Sale on the Circupool right now, but I want to make sure what I buy will last. So confusing!
    18x36 IG 26,000 gal, Vinyl Liner, 24" Sand filter Hayward S224T, Jandy AE3000 heatpump and 1.5 HP SuperPump. Circupool RJ45 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward vs Circupool RJ45 SWG

Circu Pool is relatively new, so we don't have any long term reliability info. Hayward has been around for a long time and is one of the more reliable brands, though hardly perfect. They are comparable in features.

Keep in mind that Circu Pool and Compu Pool are the same except for the color of the plastic. Compu Pool units are usually less expensive, though with the sale that might not be true right now.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

becaue there does not seem to be one winner in the swg game, I am reluctant to pull the trigger and buy one. I know it is the right move for me, but there are so many different models that it is intimidating. None of them appear have exceptional reliability. The cirupool rj45 was enticing because of the 7 year warranty. (selling at the R30 price right now). No local service though in CT .. it's out of Texas. I would think just about everyone services Hayward.
    18x36 IG 26,000 gal, Vinyl Liner, 24" Sand filter Hayward S224T, Jandy AE3000 heatpump and 1.5 HP SuperPump. Circupool RJ45 SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

it's not 7 year warranty, it's just a marketing ploy

it's 2 years on electronic box, 1 full year on the cell, and 4 years pro-rata on the cell.

if you calculate using their way, most of the manufacturers will have around 7 years warranty

Autochlor would be 6, being 3 years on electronics and 3 years of full warranty on the cell

5. Back To Top    #5

I installed a Circupool RJ60 this spring. Easy to install and has performed perfectly. Bought online for 1k. Smaller units (RJ45?) are cheaper.
    48,000 gal 'L', vinyl, Triton sand filter, 1 HP Hayward Superpump, 1/2 HP Polaris pump, CircuPool RJ-60 SWG

6. Back To Top    #6

Strannik,

Can you please explain the Circupool warranty in a little more detail? What is a pro-rata warranty? Thanks!

Jeeman
    ~13X42 irregular sized 17k gallon IG pool, with jacuzzi. Pentair Intelliflo VF pump, Purex Triton DE filter (48 sqft), Pentair heater. BBB method, although I'm really only good at one B (bleach).

7. Back To Top    #7

"4 years pro-rata" means that if it fails after one year they pay 75% of the replacement cell, if it fails after two years they pay 50% of the replacement cell, if it fails after three years they pay 25% of the replacement cell, and if it fails after four year they don't pay anything.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

yeah basically what Jason said. although sometimes it runs by the month rather than year.

when Autochlor used to have pro-rata warranty, we had a big spreadsheet which was outlining how much discount you get in a given month.

in the end it was decided to ditch it because it made dealers unhappy as it only applied to end user when the cell is purchased through the manufacturer.

so if a customer came to a dealer he couldn't use it, so it was taking away sales from them. plus it's a nightmare to manage.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Strannik
    yeah basically what Jason said. although sometimes it runs by the month rather than year.

when Autochlor used to have pro-rata warranty, we had a big spreadsheet which was outlining how much discount you get in a given month.

in the end it was decided to ditch it because it made dealers unhappy as it only applied to end user when the cell is purchased through the manufacturer.

so if a customer came to a dealer he couldn't use it, so it was taking away sales from them. plus it's a nightmare to manage.
    How much do you sell Autochlors for (~40k gallon size)?

Jeeman
    ~13X42 irregular sized 17k gallon IG pool, with jacuzzi. Pentair Intelliflo VF pump, Purex Triton DE filter (48 sqft), Pentair heater. BBB method, although I'm really only good at one B (bleach).

10. Back To Top    #10

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    "4 years pro-rata" means that if it fails after one year they pay 75% of the replacement cell, if it fails after two years they pay 50% of the replacement cell, if it fails after three years they pay 25% of the replacement cell, and if it fails after four year they don't pay anything.
    Here is how the CircuPool warranty actually works; For residential pool use, it covers all components including the cell for seven years following the purchase date. Like a car battery or anything that get's used up, it is prorated. During the first year, the owner pays nothing for any needed parts. During the second year, they pay 20%, then 40% during the third year, 60% during the fourth year, and 80% during the fifth, sixth, and seventh year. Keep in mind that the cost of the replacement cells is low compared to other brands...the most popular 5-Blade cell is presently only $375. In a worst case scenario, if a cell failed one day into the fifth year, the owners cost to start over with a new cell would be $300 or $75 per year. Doing the same math with other brands, this appears to compare very well.
    Don Uhle, Discount Salt Pool

12. Back To Top    #12

Don, I see you own several websites with circupool SWCG for sale. Where are they manufactured & by whom? Do you make them in Texas? Or are you just the importer?

13. Back To Top    #13

Our company, Discount Salt Pool, is the exclusive distributor for CircuPool in the USA. The units are made by Compu Pool in Australia, in business since 1979.
    Don Uhle, Discount Salt Pool

14. Back To Top    #14

deleted... commented in wrong thread
    Last edited by hddeuce2006; 06-02-2015 at 07:43 PM. Reason: wrong thread

15. Back To Top    #15

This product is made in Australia, The Texas guys know very little about the product that they sell. Better hope that you never need support.

16. Back To Top    #16

Didn't Cirupool have some program where they sold "short warranty" systems cheaper? I never quite figured out that marketing angle...

Personally, I feel the Hayward is more forgiving with chemical balance. So if you are not on top of your testing, problems sneak up on you pretty quickly with Circupool.

But that is just my opinion. I have a S30+ and it's working fine after the second year. And if you neglect your PH and it gets too high, you can watch your salt reading fall daily until it shuts down. Borating my pool solved a lot of balance problems for me.

BTW, the recommended SI index for Circupool is -0.2 to + 0.2. What is Hayward's?
    SWG: CircuPool (May 2014) SI30+Plus; 3000ppm seems ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.4-7.6; TA 90; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter, Borates
    TAYLOR K - 2006

17. Back To Top    #17

So did anyone else notice that discountsaltpool.com raised the price on the SI systems? They used to start at 499 for the SI-15 which had an upgrade to SI-20. I don't really see a benefit now of paying 699 for SI-20 to SI-30 when I can buy a SJ-30 to SJ-45 for 699.
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.

18. Back To Top    #18

The controller on the SI units is more advanced than the SJ systems. The output can only be adjusted in 25% increments with the SJ while the SI can be adjusted by 1% increments. Make sure you do your research on those systems before you buy either of them. A good place to start is reading their manuals and the threads that users have posted here at TFP.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

19. Back To Top    #19

TFP Guide

The Hayward AQR 15 with the T-15 cell sells for less than $1k online. Gives you a 3 year full warranty, not prorated. So if the cell dies, you get a new one. It's a proven, tried and true, unit. Rated for up to 40k pools.

Yes, it does have a known common issue with a possible failure of an input resistor, but a $2.50 part and 15 min with a soldering iron takes care of that if it happens.

Many, many here are using one, so info is readily avail on the forum. I've had one in service for over ten years now. Very happy with it. I got 7+ years on the original cell before replacement.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by ping View Post
    The controller on the SI units is more advanced than the SJ systems. The output can only be adjusted in 25% increments with the SJ while the SI can be adjusted by 1% increments. Make sure you do your research on those systems before you buy either of them. A good place to start is reading their manuals and the threads that users have posted here at TFP.
    While I agree the SJ isn't as good as the SI, the SJ features a 7 year warranty where the SI is 4 years, and the SJ cell is $100 more. Also, aren't SJ made by SGS and not Compupool?
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast