Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: landscaping sugejestion?

1. Back To Top    #1

landscaping sugejestion?

hi

got new aboveground, because of taper of yard one side is 8" dug in other end is 4" above.... what the best thing to do here, can I just put decrotive stone around it?

any other ideas or pics

thanks
    gary

thanks
    gary

24ft x 54" aquasphere mission agp, cartridge filter, 1.5 hp hayward, TF-100, BBB method, pool install July 2010

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: landscaping sugejestion?

I installed edging and lined the area around ours with left over Gorilla pad and filled it with marble chips.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Ours had pea gravel around it when we moved it.....huge hassle with the mower/weedwhacker.....i dug it all out and put mulch in and then planted some hosta......no word on how long the hostas will make it as they've only been there about 4 weeks...
    24' AGP, 13,500 gallons, Hayward 100 lb Sand Filter, 1hp Pentair Optiflo Pump

4. Back To Top    #4

What is your location? For Texas I'd put 1' or 18" paver in traffic areas, with dwarf mondo grass or thyme in between unless abutted totally. Then I'd add giant liriope on 24" spacing around the non-traffic areas. At some point I'd build an attractive bed with other small plants, some evergreen and some color, depending on climate.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

5. Back To Top    #5

It is more important to keep nutgrass and other invasive weeds from growing in that space. They can come up through the bottom and damage your liner. I put a sand base and bricks around the base of my pool.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Nutgrass! Nasty stuff, the nut is about 8" to 12" below ground and pulling the weed won't kill the nut which keeps putting up new plants. Round up works to kill the nut, eventually. I think there is another product specifically for nut grass but I cannot recall the name.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

7. Back To Top    #7

japanese skypencil hollys---I reconsidered this post overnight and wanted to modify... I think I would put some small shrubs like the afroementioned hollys in containers around the base of the pool. There would be no worries about root infiltration into your pool base and they could be easily move for whatever reason you would need to move them.
    Grant and Jerri
    Liberty, NC
    New 18x36 vinyl liner pool with lighting and fountain