I have a 10 ft Intex pool which holds ~1,000 gal. I picked up a pound of Aqua Chem shock treatment. I don't know how I did it but I miss-read the instructions and I put in the whole pound of shock treatment which is supposed to be good for 12,000 gallons. I did a PH strip test today and the chlorine seems to be very high. I am very new to this stuff and I'm not sure what to do. I read if you leave the cover off the pool the sun helps burn away some of the chlorine. Should I do that for a few days and retest or should I drain some of the water? Any other ideas?