Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need a lil help real quick

1. Back To Top    #1

Need a lil help real quick

My neighbors pool is dumping water into my yard it looks like it's coming from a vasket thing on the side of his pool, is this normal in an above ground pool
    Cheryl
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need a lil help real quick

Have you had a lot of rain? Could also be that they are topping off the water and left it on too long. Is anyone home?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

No rain recently no one home
    Cheryl
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame

4. Back To Top    #4

Are you friends with your neighbor? Would you get arrested if you went over there? Is it a LOT of water? Can we get pictures? I love pictures... Do you see a hose in the pool? Maybe they left it on... Is the pool old? Maybe the wall around the skimmer finally gave out... It happens.
    Rob B
    My $100 pool finally died after 6 years.
    Totally got our monies worth!
    Butterfly made me do it...

5. Back To Top    #5

How much water is dumping out? Can you see into their yard? If it is coming from the skimmer try to see if the water is overflowing from the top or if it is coming out at another part of the skimmer.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

If it's overflowing the skimmer basket on the side of the pool and it's not raining, I'm betting they have an autofill that's stuck open and they're not going to be happy when they come back. Either that or they left a hose on and they're REALLY not going to be happy.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Can you call them? If so I'll bet they would appreciate a word and maybe a rescue. I get a call every once in a while from a neighbor who forgets to turn off their hose.

gg=alice
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

8. Back To Top    #8

The kids finally woke up they left the hose in the pool
    Cheryl
    14X42 Intex Ultra Frame

9. Back To Top    #9

Water timers sure are cheaper!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!