solar cover

greif

Jul 5, 2010
ok,.... new.... with the solar cover, how do you keep it in place, above ground pool.... wind blow it off even though it was sitting nice on the water, wind gusts up to 20mphthanks
gary

We have some form of wind all the time here, make sure its flat on the water and also get a little water on top of it so it weighs it down some, I have had no issues and we have add some storms with 70+ winds here.

Britmandogs said:
We have some form of wind all the time here, make sure its flat on the water and also get a little water on top of it so it weighs it down some, I have had no issues and we have add some storms with 70+ winds here.

ditto

I put our solar cover on and the pump return was making it float all over the place and bunch up. I put two clamps on it (clamped the cover to the rail) and it's staying put. Is it ok to do this? I"m using the spring type clamps.

Also I put one of the clamps on right over the skimmer which made the cover go above the water surface because it seemed like suction was better when the cover wasn't right in front of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.