Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adjusting 'baby barrier' style fence

1. Back To Top    #1

Livermore, CA

Adjusting 'baby barrier' style fence

Hey all,
    I've got a 3 yr old baby barrier style fence that has apparently sagged a bit over the years, and i need to re-tension it. The gate hangs a little low right now,and as a result the gate wont latch without a push. If I squeeze the gap between the section with the gate and its neighbor it goes right back to where it should be and latches perfectly.
    So is there a proper way to re-tension these, or do I just need to start playing around with it?
    ~20K gallon freeform w/attached spa
    Pentair 4x160 pump
    Pentair Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Intellitouch i7+3 controller
    Intellichlor IC40

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Adjusting 'baby barrier' style fence

A picture would help a lot.

What I'm envisioning can probably be fixed with a couple of screw eyes, some wire, and a turnbuckle. That's so when it sags again, you can just crank it a few more turns and be done.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!