Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help -Test Results--Changing fron Baqua to chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

Help -Test Results--Changing fron Baqua to chlorine

I am a frustrated pool owner trying to switch from Baquacil to chlorine. Been using baqua for 2 years with no problems. This year I can't get my pool to stay clear. I changed my water 2 weeks ago and still having problems. My pool is green at this time. Went from clear to green in 1 day. I have a 15,000 galloon AG pool with a 1hp sand filter. Not sure of the size of filter.

If me results are accurate, they are below.

Bromine -- 0
    PH -- 7-8
    Ask -- 400ppm
    Acid -- never turned a color -- stayed clear

I am using a Blue Devil testing kit. The only one I could find today.

Please help!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Help -Test Results--Changing fron Baqua to chlorine

Welcome to the forum. The test results you posted were not very helpful. We need to know your pH (it'll have a DECIMAL...LIKE 7.2) It is apparent you have no chlorine. You convert from baqua to chlorine by having bottles and bottles and bottles of chlorine on hand and plan on going through them and then getting some more.

You have either left out a lot of info we need or you need to go to pool school and read the article on how to convert. Post back and tell us more about your conversion and we'll try to help. You do not have a good enough test kit so you'll need to go to the pool store to get the results we need. Please consider getting your own very good kit (TF-100 or K-2006)'s really the only practical way to test.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Help -Test Results--Changing fron Baqua to chlorine

To do it right - and quick - you need a good test kit, and a whole bunch of bleach. I recommend the TF100XL - has ample quantities of test reagents to get you through the process. When it's all over, you'll need some fresh sand for the filter.

For inspiration, read this thread. He's doing it right!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!