Seacoast, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I've been a BBB user since our pool was built in 2008. I'm a big believer. It's been going pretty well, but I'm having a problem today. My water is cloudy.

Here are my numbers as of this morning

TC = 3.5
CC = 0
pH= 7.4
TA = 80
CH= 175
CYA = 40
Salt = 2340

I added 120 lbs of salt. I know my CYA is a little low for a SWG, but I'm having trouble getting it higher. Every week I add 1-2 lbs and it barely moves.

We're having a heat wave here, 95 degrees. I know you in TX are laughing at me, but for NH that is HOT. So yesterday we had 5 ppl in the pool, today 4, all adults.

After the swimmers got out of the pool this afternoon I added a 128 oz bottle of 12.5% shock. A half hour later the TC was 1.2 and the CC was 0.2. Weird. The shock was a little old (bought maybe end of May), but that really seems like something is wrong. I added another bottle of shock, bought at the same time, and a package of 52% Cal-Hypo. I also turned the SWG up to 80%. Usually it is fine at 20%. The salt is 3110 now. I haven't retested the TC.

I'm concerned that the cloudy water and the low TC may mean an algae outbreak is coming. But, if that were the case, wouldn't the CC be higher?

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.