Question about Taylor K-2006 test kit

ElkPool

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2010
Elkridge, MD
If I am understanding the instructions properly, for the chlorine test you put 2 dippers into 25 ml of the water, and each drop that eventually turns it clear counts for .2 ppm; or you put 2 dippers into 10 ml and then each drop represents .5 ppm.

I am running a high amount of chlorine and CYA, so I want to use just a 10ml sample to save time and money. But how come the dipper amount is apparently the same when everything else is scaled? Am I doing it right?

You just have to have enough for the chlorine to react. Extra doesn't matter. One scoop might do for low chlorine levels, but you'll need more for higher levels.

I have often wondered this. Every time I place an order with one of the folks at Taylor, I forget to ask about that business. It sort of bugs me because the beloved powder/crystals are rather expensive. However, to date, I have never gone by my own rules. I follow their rules.

2 scoops.

Lana :)

One way to look at it is that you have a lower maximum FC level that you can test when going by 0.2s. A lower maximum chlorine level combined with a larger water sample means about the same total amount of chlorine in the sample, so about the same amount of R-0870 powder required.

JasonLion said:
One way to look at it is that you have a lower maximum FC level that you can test when going by 0.2s. A lower maximum chlorine level combined with a larger water sample means about the same total amount of chlorine in the sample, so about the same amount of R-0870 powder required.

I read this three times and still don't understand it...but if you're all telling me I'm going it right, that's good enough for me :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.