Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: should there be a "lump" under liner at the seam

1. Back To Top    #1

should there be a "lump" under liner at the seam

might be a silly question but I just noticed after 2 months the seam where the pool joins together (the wall not the liner seam) there is a noticeable bump in the liner. I can feel an edge. I had thought it was seamless.

It might be perfectly normal I dont know why I just noticed it could it be a problem? how would I tell if its a problem or the way it should be? Its under a support post on the outside so all I have to go by is the bump under the liner from the rim to the ground.

help a paranoid pooler out
    25,500K gallons; cartridge; IG; plaster; I'll have to look up the pump size and flow rate

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: should there be a "lump" under liner at the seam

It's normal. Even if you use wall foam you can still feel the bump a little. What you're feeling is probably a cover used to cover the bolt heads after making the wall connection.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I can feel and see it. its a bump in the liner about as large as say having a pencil behind it all the way down.

I was assuming it was always there but I am paranoid and notice every little thing I am surprised I had not seen / noticed it before.

I wonder if there was a plastic cover over it that came loose although with all the water pressure I would assume if it failed it would be total failure
    25,500K gallons; cartridge; IG; plaster; I'll have to look up the pump size and flow rate

4. Back To Top    #4

one last mention

I looked at it more closely and I can feel each bolt down the seam and the what I called "bump" is 1 inch to the right of the bolts so its just the connection as far as I can tell. hopefully this is normal and does not damage the liner.

unless I hear otherwise im going to stop worrying about it

5. Back To Top    #5

You're right to stop worrying about it. Ours is the same way. You can feel the bolt heads and the ridge of the seam.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit