Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Greetings to all

1. Back To Top    #1

Greetings to all

This is my first pool. Completed owner/builder project late Oct. 2009. So we are just now really getting into the intricacies of use. Been lurking for a bit to familiarize myself with the language, etc. etc.

General specifications, 429 sq.ft, 15,000 gal free form. PENTAIR 520 Clean/Clear Filter-120v Intellibrite Pool lite-3/4 hp booster pump-1.5 hp 230v EE WhisperFlo Pump-IntelliFlo VS-3050 VSPump-Easy Touch remote, Integrated IntelliChlor iC40 Salt Chlorine Generator and Kreepy Krauly Platinum cleaner. Pebble Sheen finish, solar going in next season.

I have one questions for now, sure more will come:
    1. How long after Super Chlorinating can folks start swimming again?

Thanks, for your assistance.

Nupoolguy

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Greetings to all

When the Free Chlorine (FC) is less than the shock level of FC as calculated by the Chlorine/CYA chart you can swim. This requires that you are certain of your CYA level as well as your FC level. Test strips are useless for this data, you need a good test kit.

If you've read much here you know that most of us use the TF100 or another version of the http://www.TFTEstkits.net kits.

Swimming then also assumes that you are actually finished shocking; meaning that you have passed the Overnight Chlorine Loss test, and CC < 0.5 and the water is not green but clear.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Greetings to all

Thank you, appreciate the feedback.