What time of day do you run Swg

It really doesn't matter when you run it. The real issue is to get the FC high enough to stay above the min recommended the entire time it's off. So if you run it at nigh you want to check FC in the evening to make sure it doesn't drop below min after the sun has been on the pool all day.

When a pool is off at night, neither circulation nor UV will encourage FC to leave the water. For people that add manually, it's usually easier than during the day when they are at work.

By running the system in the day, fresh FC is being added to recover the lost residual from activity and the sun.

Scott

i got to say im at a lower cya than i was before salt water and my fc does alot better. Im hardly losing any. I have stayed at the top of the spec for my cya. really no reason to run swg, but I did for 3 hours last night just to see how much it did. I think Im going to run at night for now and see then try day and see what works best for me.

I run my cheapo Intex starting in the morning but the directions say shut it off when people are swimming. I'm contemplating running it during the night instead. This way I wouldn't have to worry about resetting it after a swim. Still trying to find the best timing to do it, I think I have the length of time dialed in. Really nice not to have to mess with liquid chlorine very often.

i know. i cant get my fc down. lol. i ran it for 3 hours last night and was still a 9 this morning. i came home 3 or 4 hours later and it was higher. hmmmm generator shouldnt of ran till midnight. so I turned it off. Before I couldnt keep my clorine from dropping like crazy and now I cant keep it from staying up. lol

I'm running my '09 Intex in the evening, after the sun has passed off the water. I turned it back to 3 hours today, my chlorine is off the chart. Pool looks good, though. I'm using strips for cya, salt & borates. Salt is dead on, cya says low, borates read almost nonexistent...yet I know how many boxes I've put in, both cya and borax. Hey, water looks great, feels great (tad cool this week after three weeks around 99) so, since it ain't broke, ain't gonna try to fix it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thats my feeling now. just dont understand why my FC went up and generator should not have ran. i was adding 50 oz or so a day of bleach at cya of 60 before salt water set up and lower TA. I havent added anything since sat. other than the SWg running for 3 hrs and really didnt even need that. lol. I have stayed around 10 Fc since friday. Im at cya of around 40 or 50 and holding better. imagine that. lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.