Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I was told to push the dirt to the main drain

1. Back To Top    #1

I was told to push the dirt to the main drain

Is this right? PSS told me to use scope to push dirt to the main drain...

Questioning everything.

(I did a search but did not see any results about pushing dirt to main drain. Perhaps I used wrong query string.)

Thanks in advance.
    Pool: (2003) IG Plaster 14,209 gallon (Water Surface 421 sq. ft.) ~ Spa: 18" raised kidney
    Triple spillway (Waterfall) ~ With 6' slide ~ Hayward's Goldline Controls Aqua Rite Digital Electronic Chlorine Generator (Salt System) ~ 40K Salt Cell ~
    ~ AquaLink RS -4 ~ Purex Whisper Flow 2 HP~ Aquatech 60 sq. ft. DE Filter Normal Pressure 22 # ~ MiniMax NT (Propane) Heater 400,000 BTU ~ Jandy Valve Actuator ~Letro Legend Cleaner ~ K-2006 & K-1766 Test Kits

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I was told to push the dirt to the main drain

How much dirt are we talking about? Someone slip with a wheelbarrow?

If it's just a little, yeah, use the brush and sweep it to the drain - while it's running. Why the PSS didn't sell you a pole, a vacuum head, a hose, a skimmer plate, and anything else he could add on is beyond me. Must be a rookie....

If it's substantial amounts, like the aforementioned wheelbarrow incident, then a vacuum - to -waste is in order, assuming you have that option on your filter. Otherwise, a vacuum and then a backflush.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: I was told to push the dirt to the main drain

Oh sorry Richard! Yes we are talking just minor amounts that collect overnight, not vacuum level.

Thanks as always - what a great group of people on this forum!
    Pool: (2003) IG Plaster 14,209 gallon (Water Surface 421 sq. ft.) ~ Spa: 18" raised kidney
    Triple spillway (Waterfall) ~ With 6' slide ~ Hayward's Goldline Controls Aqua Rite Digital Electronic Chlorine Generator (Salt System) ~ 40K Salt Cell ~
    ~ AquaLink RS -4 ~ Purex Whisper Flow 2 HP~ Aquatech 60 sq. ft. DE Filter Normal Pressure 22 # ~ MiniMax NT (Propane) Heater 400,000 BTU ~ Jandy Valve Actuator ~Letro Legend Cleaner ~ K-2006 & K-1766 Test Kits