Dog who tries to drink pool water (salt)!

lynns

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2010
New Jersey
Hope this is the right section to post this.
I have a SWG and my dog loves the pool. The problem is, he also loves to drink the water. I hate to not have him in the pool when he wants but I'm also afraid of him drinking salt water. Any experiences with this? He never throws up or has any ill effects but this can't be good for him, right???
Here he is:
IMG00040-20100627-1724.jpg

I started thinking about it after I posted this. The salt I use in the pool is basically the same as I put in our water conditioner for our drinking water, showers, etc.!! He probably drinks the same type of water in his dog bowl!!

Dogs, cats, and other animals have a lot more going on in their stomach then we do. That's why they can drink from a mud puddle or nasty stream and be just fine. Where if we drank the same water we'd probably be in the hospital... Or at the very least begin to understand who King Montezuma is. :)

Sent from my Droid

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.