AquaPure 1400

Jul 3, 2010
I was hoping someone could help me with a technical question associated with a Jandy salt system (AquaPure 1400).

The system stopped producing chlorine (a customer of mine)... so I would like to fix it (as opposed to the "other guy"). I was told that the problem is most likely the cell or the flow sensor. My question, therefore, is how do I determine which component is the problem (or if it's both)? Thank you.

Bama Rambler said:
If it's the flow sensor you should be able to jump it out for testing only. If the unit works with it jumped it's the flow switch.

Thanks! Question: How exactly do I jump it (steps involved)?

Next question: If the flow sensor checks out (unit still does not work after crossing ports), I suppose my next step is to test if the cell is bad. So how do I do that?

I'm sure one of the folks that are familiar with the Aquapure will be along but there should eb a wire running to the flow switch. Just take that loose and put a jumper between the contacts. Be sure to power the unit down before trying any of this.

Some Pool Stores can test the cells.

Bama Rambler said:
I'm sure one of the folks that are familiar with the Aquapure will be along but there should eb a wire running to the flow switch. Just take that loose and put a jumper between the contacts. Be sure to power the unit down before trying any of this.

Some Pool Stores can test the cells.

Thanks for the info... so I can simply take the cell (by itself) down to some pool store (like pinch a penny) and they can test it there? That would be helpful!

I read somewhere on here that the actual boards can often go bad on these systems as well... so it would be great if someone could offer some advice on testing those as well... much appreciated!

Bama Rambler said:
If it's the flow sensor you should be able to jump it out for testing only. If the unit works with it jumped it's the flow switch.

I went there today to look the unit over. I noticed the flow sensor plugs into the circuit board. It has approx. 6-8 small wires so I have no idea how to jump these?

Also, the only indicator light that comes on is the "power on" light... none of the other lights were on. It would be great if someone could give me some advice on how to diagnose this thing. What should I do? Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.