Need help with out of control pool...

Sorry to disappear, things have been nutters here. Pool wasn't clear for the party, we had about one week of clear pool, and now we're draining, our swimming season is passed. :( Sept. is almost hear and the temps aren't getting hot enough for the kids to want to get in anymore, and my classes started this week so I don't have as much time to swim either.

Thanks for all of the help. Until next season... Happy pooling!

Well it's end of the pool season for us. Getting cool so the girls don't want to swim, and I started classes so I don't have time to swim...

Draining today, I read the winterization deal, but I really don't see that working for us. It says to bring it to shock level, run pump for 24 hrs, and drain. But even with that I would bet money that in a week or two, it will be full of algae again because we won't have a freeze for another 4-6 weeks with snow in 6-8 weeks. So until then it will be sitting with no chemicals or circulation... I'm open to suggestions, but I think come spring I'll drain and start over, I can't go through taking 5-6 weeks to get it clear again next year and only having a few weeks of clear pool. Even before a good test kit, my fc was running at shock level for about two weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.