1st Time Pool Owner Long Time Dad - Not Sure Which is Harder

Jul 1, 2010
Orange County, NY
Hello from Orange County NY (About 60 miles North of NYC) I am the proud owner of a brand new 21 foot round pool with a Hayward EC50 DE Filter. I have absolutely no pool experience and did this for my 3 beautiful kids. I joined this forum because as I look at this big monster newly erected in my backyard I get this pit in my stomach and listening to all my so called expert friends, none of which have a pool is making me crazy. I hope to learn here and eventually join my kids in their enthusiasm for our new pool.

Welcome, What a great dad you are to do this for your kids. The fact that you came here to learn how to keep your pool clean and safely sanitized shows how much you care. This is a great place to learn. We all started at the begining at one time. Once again, welcome to the group. Kimrst

Thanks for the replies and the encouragement. Right now, the pool looks great. I skim often as we have many trees in our yard. The water is testing good except for low Total Hardness which if I am correct doesn't matter in a vinyl pool. Water temp reached 72 degrees yesterday. My big concern is the pool only gets direct sunlight from 12 noon to about 5:30p.m. Environmental factors prohibited certain tree removal. I will be posting questions as soon as the need arises. (Which I am sure will be soon) Thanks everyone for the help.

Spend some time here, read the message threads that look potentially relevant, read pool school, and if you don't have it get a good test kit (either the TF-100 or the Taylor K-2006). If you do this, in about a week or two you will start feeling way more comfortable with your pool.

Ike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support