Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa keeps turning off & on, also heat won't come on

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa keeps turning off & on, also heat won't come on

I have large inground spa. 2 weeks ago I drained and cleaned and now it does not work right. It just keeps turning off and on and just ignores the timer. The motor makes a loud clicking noise when this happens and feel hot to the touch. I turned off the whole thing last week to stop this from happening and when i tried to turn it back on I had to prime the pump. Today it stopped almost completely and all I can see is from one of the jets is just a small stream coming out.
    The heater is fairly new as it was replaced about 4 or 5 years ago. I have it turned up to max but it only registers at 89 degrees. I thought it was working before I turned it to max as water felt slightly warm, but I guess since it is 112 degrees outside this is why it is at 89. The heater did this a year ago and we tried to light pilot light but Jandy says I have the kind you never have to light.
    I hope there is simple solution as I cannot afford to have someone fix for me.
    ~21 ft Round
    ~52 inches high
    ~11,500 Gallons
    ~Hayward EC50 DE Filter and a 1hp pump. Flow Rate of 50 GPM

2. Back To Top    #2
    Fort Worth, TX

Re: Spa keeps turning off & on, also heat won't come on

I'm tracking this one! Our spa also turns itself on sometimes....[insert theme from twilight zone]
    Pool: (2003) IG Plaster 14,209 gallon (Water Surface 421 sq. ft.) ~ Spa: 18" raised kidney
    Triple spillway (Waterfall) ~ With 6' slide ~ Hayward's Goldline Controls Aqua Rite Digital Electronic Chlorine Generator (Salt System) ~ 40K Salt Cell ~
    ~ AquaLink RS -4 ~ Purex Whisper Flow 2 HP~ Aquatech 60 sq. ft. DE Filter Normal Pressure 22 # ~ MiniMax NT (Propane) Heater 400,000 BTU ~ Jandy Valve Actuator ~Letro Legend Cleaner ~ K-2006 & K-1766 Test Kits