Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Minimax NT STD transformer

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Minimax NT STD transformer

My pool heater is dead. No power. I think I blew transformer. I used multi-meter to check the power. According to pentair site, it is part number 472508. I found some pictures of this part on the net, but I'm concerned that the wires don't match exactly what I have. Is there a compatable transformer that can replace this one or do I need to rewire something.

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Minimax NT STD transformer

Pentair discontinued the MiniMax some time ago (they kept having PC board "issues"). Are you sure that it is the transformer?

I can check the supply house for one if you want; just send me a PM and let me know if you want me to check for you.

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, my pool was build in 2003 and uses MiniMax NT STD heater. The picture is directly from my heater.

4. Back To Top    #4

Does anyone knows what type of connector this is and if there any way to get from this molex type connector to quick connect terminal plug (individual wire as in the pictures earlier).
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Back To Top    #5

Check Mouser electronics for Molex plugs. I'm sure they have that style and the pins or receptacles that accompany them.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Great site. I found exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the tip.