Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circulation dead zone

1. Back To Top    #1

Vero Beach, FL

Circulation dead zone

Below is a photo showing the circulation setup in my pool.

There are 3 returns shown in green + waterfall return.

Two drains and the skimmer are shown in yellow.

The red circle is the deadzone corner where debris seems to swirl and not be able to get out of.

The returns give good circulation everywhere else, but in hindsight, we should have had a return in the corner back where the red deadzone is located.

My only thought is to replace the eye of the return that shoots over the steps to a side eye that would shoot water back toward the deadzone. But that means going against the main counterclockwise circulation of the pool caused by the other 2 returns. Thoughts?[attachment=0:find6p52]P6214916.jpg[/attachment:find6p52]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    25' x 13' Roman, 12000 gal IGP, Plaster, with 500 gal Spa
    SWG, 1 HP Max Flo Pump, C-900 cartridge filter
    Solar heat

2. Back To Top    #2
    Northern Middle Tn.

Re: Circulation dead zone

If you reversed all of them would you get a dead zone in the corner opposite of the existing dead zone??? Maybe your waterfall from the spa is stopping/slowing your water movement in the pool.

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Circulation dead zone

I think that just about every pool has a sort of dead zone. I have two skimmers and six returns in my pool and it's smaller than yours. I still have a spot in there that just doesn't get much circulation. I make up for this by brushing it once every few days.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT