Puck feeder chucked, hello LQ

poolgirl22

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2010
Stephens City, VA
Good Friday Morning TFP...

The puck feeder has found it's rightful resting place...and I'm all ready for my LQ, which is 'out for delivery'...

My plumbing/fix it guy was quite pleased with my knowledge about my system and my pool in general. And, poolservicestech, you got a 'no way are you kidding me?' about your reverse osmosis service...

Attachments

• IMG00906-20100702-0854.jpg
    IMG00906-20100702-0854.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG00905-20100702-0854.jpg
    IMG00905-20100702-0854.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 401
poolgirl22 said:
http://www.poolservicestech.com
Bruce and Sal on this site have the LQ.
Whereabouts in S. Indiana are you...or 'you at?' to be more regional in language...lol.

We are in eastern Greene Co, southwest of Bloomington. We should compare notes on pool stores if you are in the same area - they are few and far between out here.

By the way, thanks for the link for the Liquidator. I think after a month of hauling and dumping bottles of chlorine, I may be ready to give Bruce a call....

Woo hoo! That is the Tee I use.......however, if you ordered the 3/8" upgrade kit on Sal's website, he uses a different kind of tubing/fittings. They appear to be 1/4" male threaded by 3/8" push tubing fittings, which are normally used with the firmer poly tubing (is that right Sal?) One will work fine on your pump inlet, but the other won't fit into your tee. You will either have to replace it with a similar fitting that has a 1/2" threaded end, OR just use the same barb fitting I mentioned before (1/2 male threaded x 3/8" barn). Assuming his tubing is still 3/8" inside, it should slide over the barb tightly.

Miranda said:
Woo hoo! That is the Tee I use.......however, if you ordered the 3/8" upgrade kit on Sal's website, he uses a different kind of tubing/fittings. They appear to be 1/4" male threaded by 3/8" push tubing fittings, which are normally used with the firmer poly tubing (is that right Sal?) One will work fine on your pump inlet, but the other won't fit into your tee. You will either have to replace it with a similar fitting that has a 1/2" threaded end, OR just use the same barb fitting I mentioned before (1/2 male threaded x 3/8" barn). Assuming his tubing is still 3/8" inside, it should slide over the barb tightly.

Miranda,

It still might work, that hose is some what flexible and still could fit over 1/4" ID hose. Both Bruce and I discovered that the real problem with the liquidator was the barb fittings that came with the unit were 1/8" ID would restrict flow and the clamp fittings and liquidator bulkhead fittings were 3/16" which were ok. I like the setup with the "T", I might actually do that to mine... Poolgirl22, let us know if it fits!

Still waiting for UPS...anytime now...

And I have my hair dryer at the ready to warm up the hose a bit. Y'all are still talkin' a bit technical, but once the stuff gets here and I have it in front of me, I should be fine..

Otherwise I do believe Sal's number is still in my cell phone log!!! :mrgreen:

DWSPool said:
poolgirl22 said:
http://www.poolservicestech.com
Bruce and Sal on this site have the LQ.
Whereabouts in S. Indiana are you...or 'you at?' to be more regional in language...lol.

We are in eastern Greene Co, southwest of Bloomington. We should compare notes on pool stores if you are in the same area - they are few and far between out here.

By the way, thanks for the link for the Liquidator. I think after a month of hauling and dumping bottles of chlorine, I may be ready to give Bruce a call....

We're neighbors...I'm in Knox County!!!

It's here...I'm goin' in...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Question...
The black thing on the metal clamp that would normally go into the 3/8" hole in the PVC..that's supposed to go into the pump filter basket hole as well, Yes? It's more a flat threaded piece than a round threaded piece. Just checking...

Cuz if not the barb I have is too big...

Edit: Sal and I talked. I have it under control now...

I think it's done. I will post pics in a bit.

I got the hose on that barb thanks to the hair dryer and good ole wd40 and one of those grippy cloth things for taking jar lids off. I opted to just drill the 3/8" hole in the pvc cuz I didn't want to mess with trying to find what I needed at Lowes to make it work in the pump basket drain.

I've got the flow indicator set where the ball is between 2 and 3??? My target FC is 8 so we'll see where we end up in the morning. Nothing is leaking so...I think we are good to go!!!

Thanks again SAL!!!

Sorry folks, had guests last night and :cheers: to serve.

The flow is right under 5, maybe 4.5 wide open. Turned it down to about 1 last evening. This morning showed FC 7 so I bumped it to 1.5ish to see if I could get it to 8 or 9 where I like to run.

It didn't overflow last night so that's good.

As the chlorine bed lowers, more pool water goes in and keeps the fluid line consistent...so then, how does one 'make room' for more chlorine. That sounds like such a dumb question...

Attachments

• whole thing.jpg
    whole thing.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 291
  • barb.jpg
    barb.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 290
  • Thookedup.jpg
    Thookedup.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 291

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.