Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ph bouncing

1. Back To Top    #1

ph bouncing

So I'm confused. Ph has been running 7.2 to 7.3, it has been real warm the last few days and the pool has seen a heavy bathing load. Today I tested the pool around noon and the ph was its usual self, this afternoon the kids said their eyes were burning some so I checked and the ph was down to 6.8, added borax, enough to get it to 7.5, tested one hour after and it was around 7.5. kids went swimming I re-tested tonite and now its 7.8.

Wondering what would cause this bouncing, could it be the pool warming up, use of solar cover, bathing load, or is the increase to 7.8 due to aeration right b4 testing??

TC 5
    CYA 30
    TA 120
    Ph 7.8???
    Intex 16x48 Ultra Frame
    5100 gallons
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump
    BBB Bliss Baby!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ph bouncing

Not sure really. If you have been using stabilized chlorine tablets or powder, then that can cause your pH to fall like that. CC can also cause eyes to burn as well and it is unclear from your test results if you have any CC.

3. Back To Top    #3

Been using bleach, I haven't purchased the TF100 yet, as right b4 I found this site I bought the HTH 6 way from wally world, that just has OTO. Water has been really clear, doesn't mean much I know but I haven't let the chlorine levels drop below recommended levels.

Tonite after I adjusted the ph and the kids swam again, no one complained of burning eyes.
    Intex 16x48 Ultra Frame
    5100 gallons
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump
    BBB Bliss Baby!

4. Back To Top    #4

relax and just enjoy the pool.

As long as you keep it from dropping below 7.2 your fine.
    [center:3gj9kdnn]Matt Heck
    "HECK OF A POOL SERVICE LLC"
    Serving Ocean co. NJ
    COMPANY INFO BELOW
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en ... 2995187987[/center:3gj9kdnn]