Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recently painted, fresh fill in process, hope to swim on 4th

1. Back To Top    #1

Baldwin City, Kansas

Recently painted, fresh fill in process, hope to swim on 4th

I've been reading all of the great information provided on this site, received the TF-100, and have tested my tap water:

CL = 2
    T/A - 90
    pH - 8.2
    CH - 120

I will test again before adding any chemicals. I read advice to another poster who was preparing to treat a fresh fill and was referred to the Beginners Guide for Temporary Pools. I've read this and wanted to verify that in order to swim immediately, I would add bleach to bring the chlorine level up to 6 ppm. In order to add CYA, I can use di-chlor over a 4 day period until my CYA level is 30. From that point on I continue using bleach only. I think I understood that di-chlor will raise my T/A and lower my pH.

I'm trying to assemble my shopping list, and make my plan. Am I on the right track?

33,000 gallon, inground, gunnite pool; sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Recently painted, fresh fill in process, hope to swim on 4th

Get some acid to get the pH down. I'd be sure to dilute it real good before adding it, and mix it up real good so you don't mess up the new paint job.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!