Phosphates?

dd50

May 31, 2008
florida
I went to the pool store to get my water tested and he said that it is high in phosphates. I have owned a pool for 20 years and never heard of this. He said it is from the rain water. He said it is at 300. He said that I needed to add a bottle of Phos Free. I usually use Pool Doctor but went to Leslie's because I needed chlorine and they are closer.

Thanks. Leslie's tested and gave me this:

FC 5+
PH 7.6
TA 120
CH 250
CYA 60 (just added on Sunday)
TDS 1800
Phosphates 300

I have IG that is chlorinated with chlorine. Have a cartridge. It is 17,000 gallons.

I just had my water tested at my local pool supply store and they said my phosphates are at 2500 ppb. They recommend--for about $75--the commercial grade of Phosfree. The phosphate level was 100 ppb about 5 weeks ago and the jump is due to the enormous pollen drop we get in Houston this time of year. Pretty much everything outdoors is covered in a yellow dust. Every few days there is a yellow line on the tile in my pool. It's finally starting to subside.

My numbers are as follows:

FC 7.0 (just started my SWG so it's a little higher than normal)
CC 0.0
pH 7.5
TA 80
CYA 80
Hardness 355
Salt 3500

I take it that even at 2,500 ppb, I should not worry about phosphates. Correct?

HouTex said:
I just had my water tested at my local pool supply store and they said my phosphates are at 2500 ppb. They recommend--for about $75--the commercial grade of Phosfree. The phosphate level was 100 ppb about 5 weeks ago and the jump is due to the enormous pollen drop we get in Houston this time of year. Pretty much everything outdoors is covered in a yellow dust. Every few days there is a yellow line on the tile in my pool. It's finally starting to subside.

My numbers are as follows:

FC 7.0 (just started my SWG so it's a little higher than normal)
CC 0.0
pH 7.5
TA 80
CYA 80
Hardness 355
Salt 3500

I take it that even at 2,500 ppb, I should not worry about phosphates. Correct?

You are correct

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.