Has this ever happen to you?

Jun 21, 2010
Washington, DC
Last night as I was getting ready to test for FC and CC (I have the TF-100), I placed a heaping scoop of R-0870 using the tiny blue spoon to my 10ml pool water, the water didn't turn pink. It stayed clear. I thought there is something wrong because I tested a few hours before and it was above shock level and I have only been losing like 2 - 5 ppm at the most. I decided to toss that water and started again and this time the water turned pink. I used the same water from my measuring cup.

What happened there?

It sounds like your FC was pretty high. If that's the case, sometimes one scoop is not enough to turn the solution pink/red. It typically will "flash" pink and then go to clear.

The solution is to add another scoop of DPD powder.

(John beat me but I love to see my words in print!!! :lol: )

I have another question. I normally throw away my test water right after testing so I haven't noticed. Tonight in my haste to get stuff done i somehow started brushing the pool without cleaning up. When I was putting things away I noticed that the water in the vial turned back to pink. Is this normal?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.