introduction - new guy with indoor pool

Jul 1, 2010
Seattle area, WA
I just found this site yesterday from a link in cocoontech.com (home automation and security help) and have been trying to absorb a bit of the information. My pool is an indoor pool 10 years old 18 x 42 with a depth of 6.5 feet in the center going to 4' on one side and 3.5' on the other. It has an 8x8 spa in one corner. I'm going to try to attach a picture.

The pool has been out of comission with a busted heater - also 10 years old - for 8 months. The whole heater and exhaust system needs to be replaced as the exhaust pipes have major rust issues. I'm looking at getting a pentair master temp, 400k btu. We live in the Seattle area, and with an indoor pool, it needs heating year round.

Our other issue is that we have a well for water with only puts out about 3 gallons per minute. In the past when I had to refresh the water, I just removed about 600 gallons per day for a month. This replaced about 25% of the water.

My question today is with the pool calculator, is there a way to specifiy indoor pool?

More questions to follow I'm sure - and yes, I just ordered a test kit.

Attachments

• pool-1.jpg
    pool-1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 82
Welcome to TFP.

Very nice looking setup.

Most indoor pool discussions are in the Chemistry 201 section. Most parameters are the same as for outdoor pools, the exception being that CYA levels are recommended to be lower.