Dead Algae but Still Cloudy

Jul 1, 2010
So upon opening the pool this year it was full of green algae.
I took a water sample to my pool store and they told me all the things to put in it. So I put all the stuff in and scrubbed the pool (even though it was cloudy.) So long story short. The algae is dead and there are piles of the dead algae on the bottom of the pool. We have been trying to vaccum (to waste) out as much as we can but once we hit the deep end it is too cloudy to see very much. How do we get rid of this cloudiness?

I forgot to mention we are supposed to be having a birthday party on the 3rd (it is now the 1st) so if there is a quick method to use we would really love to have the pool swimmable for the pary.
Thank you!

I had the ame problem when I first openned. If you keep shock level up and keep filter running it should turn blue and clarity will increase.
Took me three days.
Also, I had a bad gasket on the DE filter return so I was getting some DE back to pool. Keep this in mind you see any DE coming from the jets on filter start.

Welcome to TFP!

Can you please post a set of test results to include FC, CC, pH, TA, CYA, and CH? It's hard to tell what is really going on until we see some numbers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.