CYA Pool Calculator

jcmac

May 28, 2010
I have a newly re-plastered pool. I add 4.5 lbs or 72 ozs of CYA. The pool calculator with my given pool size shows that an addition of 68 oz required to bring CYA to 30ppm. I test CYA with Taylor kit and get something considerably under 30. Completely filling the vile past the 30 mark... or something less than 30, the dot is still very visible. HMMMM.... Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

JC

Three weeks ago. Are you saying that reports are that some products are less strength than the packaging states? I will check the size of pool again, but don't think it could be that far off. I will retest in a few days. I still have the package the CYA came in and will check the label.

Thanks!

Did you backwash or clean the filter anytime in the week following adding CYA? CYA added through the skimmer sits in the filter, where it can take up to a week to dissolve. If you backwashed/cleaned the filter during that period some of the CYA would have been lost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.