Water Softener?

Hi all, learned lots here in 2008 with my first AG pool, now I'm setting it up again after having missed a season (fell off a roof and broke my shoulder/arm last year). I had horrible iron problems last time around (well water) and really hoping to avoid the brown water. My water goes through an oxygen injector, then an iron filter. Last time it also went through a water softener but this year my softener is broken. I'm wondering if that is going to cause me big grief with the pool? The iron filter is good enough that for regular household use I don't need the softener so haven't bothered to get it fixed, simply bypassed it.

What do y'all think? Should I start filling right away or spend the time/money to get the softener fixed first?

Thanks!

Could be; if there's a pool store near you, you could have them test the fill water. But...if I'm reading this right, you had horrible iron problems 2 years ago, using the iron filter plus water softener? If that's the case, I would expect the exact same thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.