Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Long weekend getaway

1. Back To Top    #1

Long weekend getaway

Ok, will be gone for 4 day's, I have been using 2-3ppm of Cl daily. If I were to add enough liquid CL to bring the CL up 12 ppm's in theory that should last the 4 days correct? Last weekend when i went away added a little extra but also had a couple pucks in the feeded.. I want to see if my new method would work?
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' Kidney painted concrete pool; Hayward super pump, Hayward pro Grid 3620 DE filter(using Fiber Clear). No Heater. 250 gallon stand alone Jacuzzi hot tub .

2. Back To Top    #2
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: Long weekend getaway

if you keep it covered while you are gone that should work. If you don't cover, it prob won't work. Is your CYA so high that you can't use a few tabs again?
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Long weekend getaway

Edited by Moderator

I'd clean everything really well, skimmers, filter, brush the pool, so everything is really clean. Then go to shock level and add some pucks to a floater or feeder. Four days is not a big deal IMO.

On our 2 week vacation, I filled the auto-chlorinator set on 2, and had someone check the pool every 4th day to clean skimmers and add a big jug of bleach if FC was below 4. Everything was fine when I got back. Filter and skimmers were clean when we left. I did not think to scrub the coping and brush the pool before I left so I had to do it when I got back as chlorine demand was up a bit.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.