To raise Ph or not???

scivey

Jun 14, 2010
First of all I would like to thank TFP for all the advise you give my pool looks better than it ever has!!

Now just a quick question. My ph is 6.8 with a TA of 120. My CYA is 100 but it is coming down slowly but anyway should I add borax to raise my PH with the TA of 120 or should I just leave it alone and keep waiting for it to raise on its own?

If you have a method to aerate it will help get it up faster without the borax, but I wouldn't worry about the small rise in TA from the borax. Just don't add more than you need and overshoot your pH target (7.2). How did it get so low?

You should raise it. Your pH may be lower than 6.8, and you just can't tell, since your test kit shows anything lower than 6.8 as 6.8.

Calculate the borax dosage to go from 6.8 to 7.4, add it, then retest and repeat. If your pH is much lower than 6.8, it may take a few iterations.

Really not sure how my PH got so low probably all the pucks that were used in the last 4 yrs. Gonna add the borax i got on hand and will get some more at store. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.