TF Testkits in Canada?

That's right; they can't. Other Canadians here have reported that the K2006 is a total rip-off up there, unfortunately. I know what others have done is picked up a kit in the US, but that's easier for some people than others, obviously.

Melt In The Sun said:
That's right; they can't. Other Canadians here have reported that the K2006 is a total rip-off up there, unfortunately. I know what others have done is picked up a kit in the US, but that's easier for some people than others, obviously.

Rip-off? Yes like many specialized items...

Richard320 said:
How deep into Ontario are you? I mean, Windsor is a pretty easy drive to Detroit....

I'm in Kitchener so its about 2 hours to Niagara Falls NY and 2.5 hours to Detroit. I talked to Dave at TFT Testkits and he ships FedEx. I guess I have to find a FedEx terminal that allows drop shipments.....

It is because the government approval process was so expensive. Lowry and Associates is trying to make back the money they spent getting the kit approved for use in Canada. Of course, I think they would make more money if they didn't mark it up as much, the sales volume would go up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JasonLion said:
It is because the government approval process was so expensive. Lowry and Associates is trying to make back the money the spent getting the kit approved for use in Canada. Of course, I think they would make more money if they didn't mark it up as much, the sales volume would go up.

You would think they would sell more at a better price but to put things into perspective, 1/2 the pool owners I know won't spend the exta $$ for CYA, the other 1/2 don't know what it is... :roll:

Add a $200 test kit into the equation... you get the picture.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.